[Zope3-Users] Add and Edit form

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Fri May 12 16:59:11 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 5/12/06, Cliff Ford <Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> This is an example mextURL function that I used to add a folder
>> containing a page, and then go to the folder. Going to the page is just
>> an addition to the last line.
>

> This is very confusing.  Why are you creating new content in
> nextURL()?  Shouldn't that happen in the create() method?

I wanted to collect in one form all the information needed to create a
folder, an index.html page template and custom menu in one go. I found
this worked very well in Zope 2.

There is a custom form, and its support class contains just a nextURL
function. I just found that a convenient location to create the
additional objects in the folder. It all works nicely as required. There
may be a better way to do it - and I am open to suggestions as I am
relatively new to Zope 3 too. My example can seen and downloaded from:

http://www.geos.ed.ac.uk/homes/ceford/zope3/

although I accidentally introduced some bugs and have not uploaded the
latest version yet.

Cliff