[Zope3-Users] Couple of Zope 3 screencasts, input solicited

Paul Everitt paul at zeapartners.org
Mon May 15 15:36:32 EDT 2006

Hi all.  I did a couple of screencasts for Zope 3:

   http://zeapartners.org/scl/2006/04/25/z3-install/index.html
   http://zeapartners.org/scl/2006/04/25/z3-helloworld/index.html

The first one is primarily a way for me to remember how to get stuff
running on Windows. :^)

On the second, I worked with Joel Moxley through a couple of iterations
of refinement.  I was trying to get as quickly as possible to pixels on
the screen, not showing the "clean" way but showing the fast way,
requiring as few new ideas as possible.  Kind of the "see, it's not so
scary" screencast.

The plan is to do a 3rd one, actually showing something cool about Zope 3.

I'd like to stick to the philosophy of short walkthroughs, not too many
new concepts at once, little chance that the viewers can screw up doing
it themselves, etc.  "Dive into Python" is pretty good about this...for
example, classes don't appear until chapter five.

However, I'd like the next step to get closer to the real differentiator
of Zope 3 vs. other frameworks.

Any suggestions for a storyboard?

--Paul