[Zope3-Users] Re: How to distribute distinct components among multiple Zope servers?

Achim Domma domma at procoders.net
Wed May 17 05:55:02 EDT 2006

Reinhold Strobl wrote:

> Consider the followng example: one company has got a Zope application running on
> a single server. This applications need the components of e.g. the supplier of
> the component running on a different server. So I don't want to mirror both,
> because the both companies are more or less independent. So I assume the only
> possible is XML-RPC (with its limitations of restricted data types and so on)?

I'm not a Zope expert, but to me it sounds like you want to solve a
problem with Zope, which it is not intended for. If you want to
implement complex distributed scenarios use SOAP, XML-RPC, CORBA, DCOM,
... or whatever suits your needs.
Then you could still implement a thin Zope utility, which wraps access
to such an service, to allow easy access from within a Zope application.

regards,
Achim