[Zope3-Users] Deleting subobjects works "half" only

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Tue May 23 01:38:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:43:46AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> >for entry in tuple(tree.keys())

the tuple(...)-thing works.

> >for entry in tree.iterkeys()

This doesn't work because the IContainer-interface doesn't cover it
so I don't have any permission - even as Manager. tree.__iter__()
seems to be the same but it complains about itself changing during
the delete loop.

> What, specifically, does iterkeys do? I've never bumped into it before and I'm
> interested if there's a contract that says iterkeys returns an immutable key
> sequence, which is kindof implied above...

iterkeys returns an iterator not a sequence. However, it's easy to turn the
one into the other:

 [x for x in iterator()]

Regards,

Frank