[Zope3-Users] Re: how to catalog principal annotations?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Nov 3 11:39:37 EST 2006

Dominique Lederer wrote:
> I have users residing in an external database.I store user data with
> principal annotations. Now i want to create a view where users with a
> special annotation are listed.
>
> Is it possible to catalog principal annotations and how?

Sure. catalog.index_doc(obj) should do it (where obj is the principal).
Then you should have an indices configured to index whichever fields you
want to index. Of course, those fields should be coming from an adapter
for the principal that you have to create. THe adapter would look at the
principal's annotation.