[Zope3-Users] Open Ofice and Zope

FB fbo2 at gmx.net
Sat Nov 4 01:47:08 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:01:12PM -0600, Sreeram Raghav wrote:
> Hello,
> Here I have a starnge problem.
> I created a knowledge base of a certain bunch of documents(PDF, MSWORD,
> OO....)
> My question is when I click on the link to that document using zope(ZMI), it
> prompts me to use a client side application.
> But I was wondering if I can use the server side open office application to
> open all the word and open office applications.

Do you want to display those files or edit them?

Displaying them is just a question of writing a view which uses a clever
html converter for Openoffice-, Word-, ...-files . For word, you can use 'wv'
which contains a program called wvhtml. I don't know a converter for openoffice
but it's file's XML structure Should make it easy to write one.

If you want to edit files server based, you'll have to write some kind of
AJAX-application, which I consider *very* complicated.

Regards,

Frank