[Zope3-Users] object i18n

Hassan Alirezaei hassan at isi.imi.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Nov 11 09:56:38 EST 2006

Hello zope3-users;
I am having the following situation but I can't find an elegant solution
for it.

I am having users signing up in my system. They will enter their
personal information(name, univ. major) in 2 (could be even more)
languages which will be saved in a PersonalInfo object:

And I need to switch between the user's say Japanese name and English
name. for this matter I ask the user to enter names in both japanese and
english and then programmatically update an existing
ILocalTranslationDomain utility to register his japanese personal info
with the english one. This works fine.

But the real problem is when two users want to have different
translations for the same english word. for example one user might
define "some-jp-equevalent" for "an english word" but another user might
want to have "some-other-jp-equivalent" for "an english word"...

In the case of one translation domain setting "an english word" again
will override the original meaning. but I want to let every user has his
own translation for each word ...  I thought of having a domain for
every user but then thought maybe there is a more elegant (and easier)
way to do this.

Any help is very much appreciated.
hass