[Zope3-Users] custom widgets (IDisplayWidget)

Hassan Alirezaei hassan at isi.imi.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Fri Nov 24 14:17:24 EST 2006

Hello guys,

I have a custom widget and I cannot manage to have a custom way of
displaying it after editing.
as far as I know, I should be registering the view for
form.interfaces.IDisplayWidget(for display) and
form.interfaces.IInputWidget(for editing).
I use the following zcml lines:

   <zope:view type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserRequest"
       provides="zope.app.form.interfaces.IInputWidget"
       for="..interfaces.II18N"
       factory=".widgets.SimpleI18NInputWidget"
       permission="zope.Public" />

   <zope:view type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserRequest"
       provides="zope.app.form.interfaces.IDisplayWidget"
       for="..interfaces.II18N"
       factory=".widgets.I18NSimpleDisplayWidget"
       permission="zope.Public"  />

not the first statement is applied and I can get my custom-rendered
widget at the time of editing or adding an object. but the display of
the schema is not changed at all by the second zcml code.

later, I notices that in zope.app.schema package, there are some default
Display classes for zope3 default widgets like URI that apparently set
the tell zope to display a URI widget inside  <a></a> tags but It when I
try URI it does not appear like that (it is treated exactly like
textline widget...

I am quite confused here... any thing I am missing???
Thanks a lot for any help
Hass