[Zope3-Users] how is ++etc++site view created?

Shailesh Kumar shaileshk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 09:01:18 EST 2006

Hi,

I was trying the following.

During the startup I caught the IDatabaseOpenedWithRootEvent. I created a
folder inside the root, and then setup the folder as a site by using:
    sm = site.LocalSiteManager(vm)
    vm.setSiteManager(sm)

# vm is basically now http://localhost:8080/vm

Following things work:
    assert vm.getSiteManager() is sm
    default = sm['default']

So far so good. Now when I look through ZMI, I see that on the vm folder
Manage site action is available. But there is nothing like ++etc++site
inside vm. Also, when I click on Manage site, zope returns 'page not
found' error.

Could you please tell me what is going wrong here ?

With regards,
-shailesh