[Zope3-Users] how to know which port zope is runnning on?

Shailesh Kumar shaileshk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 05:57:53 EST 2006

I have 2 different zope applications running (on different machines) and
they would be talking to each other, one is a master application and there
may be multiple instances of the other one (on different machines). I need
the port number information for registing one with another programmatically.
don't want to fix port numbers for them.

Looking at the zope code I found that from
zope.app.server.servertype.IServerType utilities, default port number is
seen which gets overriden during the create() function call, but the
overriden port number (obtained from zope.conf) is not available as such (I
couldn't figure out how it can be accessible). Probably I can get it by
parsing zope.conf again in my code.

With regards,
-shailesh