[Zope3-Users] Re: Get Started

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Oct 11 07:32:54 EDT 2006

It's pretty minimal, but the bin/pyskel script in your instance
may be useful for a start...  From the docstring:

"""Generate method skeletons for intefaces.

Usage: python pyskel.py dotted_name

Example:

    cd lib/python
    python zope/interface/pyskel.py zope.app.interfaces.pigs.IPigService

The dotted name is the module name and interface object name connected
with a dot.
"""

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 12:45:50PM +0200, Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 11:45:37AM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> > Jegenye 2001 Bt (Mikl??s Priszny??k) wrote:
> > >2006/10/11, FB <fbo2 at gmx.net <mailto:fbo2 at gmx.net>>:
> > >

> > >    Maybe. I wrote a script which creates a new application but I don't
> > >    know, if
> > >    it's still working with a current Zope release.
> > >
> > >    https://svnserv.cbs.mpg.de/svn/edv/EDV/zope3-mpgsite/lib/python/mpgsite/tools/zag
> > >
> > >    I've not used it for a long time. There are no warranties but feel
> > >    free to try.
> > >
> > >    <flamewar_start_reason tal:content="It's written in Perl :-)" />
> > >

> > > Yeah, that's blasphemy indeed! :D
> > >
> > > Hopefully a more generic tool, a la ArcheGenXML, will emerge for Zope 3.
> >
> > I've seen a few people suggest tools like that for Zope 3. I generally
> > think it's a good idea. However, "us core developers" usually prefer our
> > emacs/vi/... And our efforts are currently geared towards making Zope 3
> > simpler to get started with -- without any special tools (sprint coming
> > up this weekend).
>
> I usually like a good editor as well. But since I am lazy I would love a
> tool that produces the skeleton of files that can easily be generated from
> something like an UML file. That would let me concentrate on the
> interesting parts instead of having to type the same kind of stuff every
> time...
>
> --

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com