[Zope3-Users] zc.winauth takes too much time to authenticate every page load

Alek Kowalczyk thealx at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Oct 12 12:33:48 EDT 2006

Benji York escribió:
> Benji York wrote:
> [a mixture of truth and pre-caffeine insanity]
>
>> thealx at poczta.onet.pl wrote:
>>> I suspect my problem may be a configuration issue in my PAU
>>
>> It sounds like it; make sure you have the "No Challenge if
>> Authenticated" plugin enabled.
>
> My suggestion above makes no sense at all. :)
:) I already tried with "No Challenge if Authenticated" but nothing
changed, still asks AD on every GET.
> I like your original idea of finding a way to cache the fact that a
> user is authenticated.  I'd like to see a plugin that stores that
> information in a session, that way the plugin could be used with
> zc.winauth or any other credential mechanism.
I know nothing about PAU architecture... yet ;) If you, or some other
PAU experts, could give some suggestions how to wire such a thing with
zc.winauth and PAU, I would be grateful
> We had some similar performance problems and I was able to
> re-configure the server on-which Zope was running such that the
> authentication was much faster.  I wish I remembered the details,
> hopefully Google and MSDN will be helpful.
Even if I could be able to reduce auth time to, say, one second, I'm
afraid there still might be a problem with pages having more rich
content - GET of every picture will be authenticated, so it still may be
too much lag... but I'll try.

Thanks !
Alek