[Zope3-Users] Custom DateWidget with Month/Day/Year

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 08:13:01 EDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Thierry Florac <thierry.florac at onf.fr> wrote:
> What I'd like in fact is to be able to display and enter dates in a
> format following user's locale.
> That doesn't seem to work or is not supported by current implementation
> of zc.datetimewidget...

This is at least partly an issue of being able to adapt the request to
ITZInfo; it's up to the application to register an appropriate
adapter.  This is mostly because the user's current timezone can't be
sniffed from the request; at most their locale will be there.  That's
still a source of ambiguity for timezone, even if you're willing to
assume the user is near home.

It stinks that browsers don't just include the timezone in the
request, but hey, that's software for you.  :-/

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca