[Zope3-Users] Problem with Python 2.4.4

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Tue Oct 24 10:32:25 EDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 02:00:05PM +0200, Thierry Florac wrote:
> Le mardi 24 octobre 2006 à 07:51 -0400, Jim Fulton a écrit :
> > Torvald Bringsvor wrote:
> > > I have set up Zope 3.3.0 with Python 2.4.4, and it
> > > didn't quite work. Some operations such as adding a
> > > content object provoked an error from cgi.py line 716,
> > > this line reads:
> > >   line = self.fp.readline(1<<16)
> > >
> > > and then Python reacts that readline should have max
> > > one argument, but it gets two. By correcting it to
> > >    line = self.fp.readline()
> > >
> > > everything works well.
> > >
> > > Have anybody else had this problem?
> >
> > You should report this in the Zope 3 collector,
> > http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev.
> >
> > It looks like Zope's file stream object that it passes to
> > the CGI module needs to grow a maximum size.
>
> I had the same problem on Debian GNU/Linux.
> Problem is due to a security patch applied on "cgi.py" in Debian's
> unstable release.

I've fixed this bug a couple of weeks ago.  It was
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/535

(It's not marked as resolved, because the Zope file stream object
discards the maximum size, circumventing the CGI security patch, and
that's because Twisted's file stream object doesn't accept a maximum
size).

Marius Gedminas
--
Read what I mean, not what I write.