[Zope3-Users] App server tracebacks for functional tests

John Maddison maddisjohn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:28:36 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Firstly, I have written some tests for an application, and with both
"./bin/test -u" and "./bin/test -f", they pass successfully.  However,
"./bin/test" fails in the functional tests (on a form submit) with a
rather uninformative "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error".
Performing as-near-as-I-can-make-it identical actions in a browser
works fine.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious - has anyone seen
something like this before?  [I'm not attaching source code since I've
not yet observed this problem in anything less than the entire
(unfortunately) proprietary application I'm working on.]

Secondly, and leading on from this, is it possible to get the
traceback the application server side of things produces in functional
(zope.app.testing.functional.FunctionalDocFileSuite) tests?  At the
moment the only information I'm seeing is the aforementioned 500
error.

Thanks,
John