[Zope3-Users] Access to persistent Zope tables/classes in ZODB

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Fri Oct 27 18:12:27 EDT 2006

Thanks Jim,

I had gotten to the following point (although you have now shown
me a better way to get there, I was using FileStorage):

<ZODB.DB.DB object at 0x137e910>
{'Application': <zope.app.folder.folder.Folder object at 0x1377d70>,
'zope.app.generations': <persistent.dict.PersistentDict object at
0x1377db0>}
<zope.app.folder.folder.Folder object at 0x1377d70>
<OOBTreeItems object at 0x1386228>

print f1[0].keys()[1]
	Rob's buddies
print f1[0].values()[1]
	<buddydemo.buddy.BuddyFolder object at 0x1377f30>
print f1[0].values()[1].__getitem__
	<bound method BuddyFolder.__getitem__ of
<buddydemo.buddy.BuddyFolder object at 0x1377f30>>

This is where I get stuck. Been going over the sources to figure out
how to iterate over these.

You're 2nd point, about using ZEO, is also very valid (I need to just
read my 'buddies'  and send the
data down to a bunch of embedded Linux based controllers but the ZODB
will be locked).

I did notice since I did this, bin/runzope acts differently (on this
Zope/ZODB?). I created a new instance in 121
and transferred all applications and the new instance works fine:

Robs-Laptop:~/Projects/Zope/Zope3/One2One rob$ cd ../121/
Robs-Laptop:~/Projects/Zope/Zope3/121 rob$ runzope
------
2006-10-27T14:45:57 INFO root -- HTTP:localhost:9090 Server started.
         Hostname: localhost
         Port: 9090
------
2006-10-27T14:45:57 INFO root Startup time: 9.072 sec real, 8.710 sec
CPU
^C

But the old instance in One2One now just seem to test:

Robs-Laptop:~/Projects/Zope/Zope3/121 rob$ cd ../One2One/
Robs-Laptop:~/Projects/Zope/Zope3/One2One rob$ runzope
------
2006-10-27T14:47:56 WARNING root Developer mode is enabled: this is a
security risk and should NOT be enabled on production servers.
Developer mode can be turned off in etc/zope.conf
Total: 0 tests, 0 failures, 0 errors
Robs-Laptop:~/Projects/Zope/Zope3/One2One rob$

Any idea what causes this?

Anyway, thanks again for your quick response!

Rob