[Zope3-Users] Many problems with static-apidoc script...

Sat Oct 28 06:58:06 EDT 2006

Am Samstag, 28. Oktober 2006 01:18 schrieb KLEIN Stéphane:
> Hi,
>
> I've one zope3 instance in : ~/zope/instance/2/
>
> When I do :
>
> cd ~/zope/instance/2/bin
> ./static-apidoc -d ~/zope/doc/
>
> I've this error :

[...]

> What is my mistake ? How can I use static-apidoc script ?

At the moment you can't really use it. It's broken. I've lately done some work
at it but were not able to fix it entirely.

You should get this: (with the SVN trunk)

horus bin # ./static-apidoc -d /home/florian/z3-doc/
INFO: PublisherBrowser is broken. Please use OnlineBrowser instead
(--webserver).

with the webserver option:

horus bin # ./static-apidoc --webserver -d /home/florian/z3-doc/
INFO: Starting retrieval.
[...]

it should work. Don't forget to set username and password and a zope instance
needs to be running. The scripts runs fine (when I tried it the last time)
but the generated HTML pages are not changed from dynamic to static apidoc
entirely and therefore not really work.

Regards,

Florian