[Zope3-Users] Re: crud/read example?

Robert Hicks sigzero at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:17:11 EDT 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 02 September 2006 12:56, Robert Hicks wrote:
>>> Try to be a bit more specific, you'll get more answers that way.
>> Actually I thought the subject was expressive enough. Thanks for the
>> advice though.
>
> I agree with Martin. I had to read Philipp's response to remember what "crud"
> stood for. For us in the Zope community this is such a non-issue in 98% of
> the cases, that we are not familiar with this sort of terminology and
> discussion.

That is okay. Sometimes I forget that people have different
"experiences"in the software arena. I didn't take Martin's response in
any way except to mean I need to be more verbose in my questions and not
assume stuff like "everyone knows what CRUD is".

While the ZODB looks like a great example my question should have been:

"I am using Oracle at work and I am looking into using Z3 as the
solution but I was wondering if there was an example of creating a CRUD
(Create, Read, Update, Delete) application that is prevelant in
Turbogears, Django and the like. The example they use is a wiki
application where the add, modify and delete simple wiki entries."

Robert