[Zope3-Users] views based on request method (GET, POST, etc.)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman jan-wijbrand.kolman at inghist.nl
Tue Sep 12 07:38:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

Is it possible to register (browser) views based on the request method?
E.g. to do something for GET and something else for POST requests?

Currently I do something like this (where FooView is registered as the
default view for some interface):

class FooView(BrowserView):

   def __call__(self):
     if self.request.method = POST:
       return self.POST()
     return self.GET()

But I have the feeling this can be done more elegantly. I did notice
something in this direction in zope/app/dav/configure.zcml, but I'm not
sure this actually helps. It could be I overlook something very very
obvious...

Maybe someone has an idea? Any help would be highly appreciated :-)

kind regards,
jw

--
Jan-Wijbrand Kolman
software developer, Institute for Netherlands History
jan-wijbrand.kolman at inghist.nl