[Zope3-Users] Re: File structure: interface and interfaces

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Sep 23 16:16:27 EDT 2006

George Lee wrote:
> What is the best practice for where to put interface definitions? Inside an
> interfaces.py, a browser/interfaces.py?

We prefer to put public interfaces into package.interfaces. Other
modules can also define interfaces, but they wouldn't be considered to
be part of a public API.

> In Zope2 often I had used an "interfaces" (with an s) directory. Should a
> directory be called "interface" instead, as it is in zope.app?

zope.app.interface is about interface support, like zope.interface.
They're don't as much contain interfaces as they provide machinery for them.