[Zope3-Users] Re: Writing tests for views

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Sep 23 19:37:40 EDT 2006

George Lee wrote:
> I am trying to write a test for a view, and making sure that an object I've
> created is associated with the correct view. But either of these lines fails
> with a ComponentLookupError "Couldn't find view":
>
> view = getView(self.event1, 'daterange_display', self.request)
> view = getViewProviding(self.event1, IDateRangeDisplay, self.request)

Use getMultiAdapter. These things are deprecated.

> even though in a page template that I view through the web,
>
> context/@@daterange_display
>
> retrieves the correct view. What am I doing incorrectly?

Well, is the test a functional test? Only functional tests have all the
configuration loaded. Otherwise you'll have to register the view first
before you can test its lookup.

By the way, testing views is best done with zope.testbrowser these days.

> Thanks -- I know I've asked a flood of questions today!

Consider buying my book: http://worldcookery.com

Also consider reading the docs that are there. Zope 3 has lots of docs
(see http://localhost:8080/++apidoc++ after enabling devmode). There are
also a couple of tutorials available at http://worldcookery.com/Appetizers.