[Zope3-Users] Re: Versionitis with psycopgda Again

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Sep 28 10:19:28 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Jeff Rush wrote:
>> Any suggestions?  With the popularity of psycopg + Zope3, any chance we
>> could get psycopgda added into the Zope3 distribution to mitigate this
>> chasing?
>
> I don't think that can happen. We're thinking about making the core
> smaller, not bigger :). Also, not everyone has or needs psycopg, so the
> testing would become a burden.

OTOH, if someone is willing to maintain psycopg and run a buildbot slave
for it, we could easily add it to our buildbot master so that every time
a change was made to the core the psycopg tests would be run and the
maintainer would be alerted to any failures.  I suspect this pattern
will be more common in the "smaller core/more add-ons" future.

PS: It's interesting to note that the Python project is doing something
similar now (http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/community/), and when we
get Zope 3 on Python 2.5 I intend to set up a slave to test Z3 every
time a checkin is made to Python.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer