[Zope3-Users] handling a mass of images/files

Dominique Lederer dominique.lederer at inode.at
Wed Apr 11 12:37:04 EDT 2007

hi

i´m just thinking about, how to handle a lot of images within my zope3 application.

what would you recommend to do:
a) save all images into the zodb
b) use z3c.extfile

i looked a bit into z3c.extfile´s documentation, an found, that i returns
file-data from the filesystem, which are stored there in a hashdir.

i wonder if this would be quicker than accessing the images from the zodb?

a third approach, similar to b) would be to serve the hashdir with apache, and
let the z3c.extfile just return the path to the image. i just did not find out
how to achieve that with the package. maybe someone could give me a hint on this?

i would be glad, if you could give me your option on this.

thanks a lot
regards, Dominique