[Zope3-Users] Can interfaces be mutated cleanly?

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Apr 12 11:22:06 EDT 2007

Hi,

I didn't find anything in the documentation or google on this:

I want to define an interface like:

class IMySchema(zope.interface.Interface):
   pass

Later, I want to use ore.alchemist which currently is able to take a
SQLAlchemy table description and turn it into a new interface/schema.

I want to extend this code so that I can pass it an existing interface
to modify it (update) with the schema definition.

I need this so that the interface is:

a) present in the code when reading it

b) available for ZCML configuration (it's a problem for us right now
because the database/SQLAlchemy stuff is setup up a little bit later
after executing a couple of ZCML actions)

While looking into it, we found that interfaces do not offer a public
way to modify the attributes they have, and modifying the internal data
structures would be both evil and cumbersome.

Any hints?

Christian