[Zope3-Users] Can interfaces be mutated cleanly?

Hermann Himmelbauer dusty at qwer.tk
Fri Apr 13 15:13:58 EDT 2007

Am Freitag, 13. April 2007 20:33 schrieb Kapil Thangavelu:
> On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:36:07 -0400, Hermann Himmelbauer <dusty at qwer.tk>
>
> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2007 17:22 schrieb Christian Theune:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I didn't find anything in the documentation or google on this:
> >>
> >> I want to define an interface like:
> >>
> >> class IMySchema(zope.interface.Interface):
> >>    pass
> >>
> >> Later, I want to use ore.alchemist which currently is able to take a
> >> SQLAlchemy table description and turn it into a new interface/schema.
> >
> > Interesting - is ore.alchemist the package developed by Kapil
> > Thangalevu? If
> > yes, is it working? I had the impression that the project is abandoned.
>
> it is, and its working, its been in production since inception, has a
> number of features not present in the other sa zope integrations (schema
> generation, both from sa and from zope.schema, as well keyreference
> support, etc). unfortunately suffers a bit in that the formlib integration
> is currently targetting zope2/plone, but thats contained in a separate z2
> product, as well as my own lack of time to promote it or work on new
> feature developmen at the moment.

Formlib integration is still something I'm struggling with. I'm currently
setting up forms (filling with data) manually via SetUpWidgets. Hopefully I
will be able to break this down on a common denominator, refactor it and
provide some "ORMFormlib" library which inherits from form.Form, we'll see...

Best Regards,
Hermann

x1 at aon.at
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7