[Zope3-Users] Re: ZODB? PostgreSQL? (Laurence Rowe)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 10:37:50 EDT 2007

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
> My interpretation of this statement is as follows. You can store
> information in separate partitions of the ZODB, and ZEO will route
> requests to the appropriate partition.

Correct, as Philipp described.

> Is that true only for Zope 3, or is it true for Zope 2.1x as well?

It's been correct for everything from about Zope 2.0.something, and
maybe even before that too ;-)

> Would Zope applications need to be rewritten to support multiple
> partitions? Or is it all transparent to the developer?

Totally transparent.

> Has anyone actually ever tried that on a massive scale? What are the
> largest and busiest functional partitioned ZODB instances in active use?

I routinely do this with storages that are several gigs in size. I've
had recent reports of an active storage that's set up this way which is
in excess of 200GB.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk