[Zope3-Users] Strange ZODB error

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Aug 10 09:38:01 EDT 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 2:30 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 09.08.2007, 09:52 -0400 schrieb Gary Poster:
>> You probably need to find out what the object is for anyone to have a
>> chance of helping.
>>
>> I usually just put a pdb in the ZODB that is triggered if there's an
>> error here, and then start poking around.  Using the postmortem debug
>> publisher might work too, but it has caused enough problems for me in
>> the past that I dropped it, myself.
>
> One way to do this is to use the http postmortem debugger server,
> especially helpful if you try to debug problems in code that is
> triggered many times in an app, but you only want to see the pdb
> when an
> error happens.

That's what I meant by "postmortem debugger publisher".  I was being
fuzzy: your terminology is correct.  However, my observation stands.
I know Jim likes it, among others, but I have found it to not work
the way I want enough to be a nuisance.  I seem to recall that this
may be related to the ZODB connection being closed, but I could be
remembering incorrectly.

Gary