[Zope3-Users] Buildout and custom python

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Dec 21 10:18:43 EST 2007

Hi Benji. This is exactly what I have been doing up till now and has
been working well for quick work on a local development machine. My
current thinking though is to take control of as much of the software as
possible so that development == deployment on my local machine to
mitigate the risk of breaking things even if it means more disk. I am
doing this in conjunction with stripping the deployment server to it's
barest bones and bringing as much of the software into the buildout as
possible.

I really would like to see a two stage buildout that does the python
construction with a python.cfg and then the main buildout with
buildout.cfg file as part of the standard fare. I'm trying a few things
today to see if a simple event class and callback can be used to create
the python first and have the callback's handler run the main buildout
as an experiment.

Regards,
David