[Zope3-Users] Still a skinning problem

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Sun Feb 4 16:20:43 EST 2007

I will wager to help...since frequently my posts go unanswered
also.   I've implemented a few skins with great success.  However, if
you wait long enough you could a real response from someone like
Stephen instead of myself.

> is registered on the default layer. Since the xgm layer derives
> from the
> default layer it correctly uses my template.pt.
> But the problem is now when a view from the Blog object are called
> links in
> the template like
>
> <a tal:attributes="href context/@@index.html/@@absolute_url">home</a>
>
> do not work anymore, since context is the Blog and not a IXGM
> object anymore.
> Therefore the lookup fails.
I do not understand this particular point clearly and this seems to
be an important point.  Could you provide more specifics?  Sounds
like you have a blog package installed.  The blog package has objects
that you can create (presumably blogs and blog entries).   The
objects have various views, which have links that are being inserted
incorrectly?

Can reply and provide an example URL to your object and its view?
Can you also provide the actual HTML code that is being produced
(just the bad HTML code) versus what you would like to see?