[Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge files inthe same time?

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Feb 6 12:32:41 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephan Richter" <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu>
To: <zope3-users at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Will zope server crash when uploading huge files
inthe same time?

> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 12:00, Alex Cheng wrote:
>> I design to use zope as our website, which users can upload their files.
>> am afraid that it will crash when a few malicious users upload huge files
>> at the same time. Is there any machanism to avoid it in zope system?
>
> Zope will not crash, just be very slow. In one of my system I implemented
> size quota.

Just curious: did you implement the size quota via an apache directive (eg.
LimitRequestBody) or is there some way to implement a size limitation within
Zope without having the entire file object uploaded first and then having an
'after the fact' size check (python script/external method etc) which
refuses to process the file object if it exceeds the size limit (as this
would not stop users from consuming server resources while the file is
initially uploaded and forwarded to zope)?

Jonthan