[Zope3-Users] Re: formlib vs. cancel button

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Thu Feb 15 14:59:19 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 05:37:52PM +0100, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
> >Marius Gedminas wrote:

> >>The validator is supposed to return a list of errors.  Neither '' nor {}
> >>are lists.  () is a list.  I use
> >>
> >>    @form.action("Cancel", validator=lambda *a: ())
> >>    def cancel(self, action, data):

> >>+1 for allowing
> >>
> >>    @form.action("Cancel", validator=form.no_validation)
> >
> >I added something similar to plone.app.form, but there really, really
> >should be support for this use case in formlib in a non-hacky way.
>
> We happily accept patches through collector entries. Actually, aren't
> you a committer? :)

I'd be happy to implement and commit something, but I'd be happier if
someone else designed the API.  When I try to design APIs myself, I tend
to change my mind too often.  Now I want

    @form.action("Cancel", validator=None)

to mean "do no validation".  But perhaps that's not backwards-compatible
enough?

Marius Gedminas
--
The *REAL* Y2K is the year 2048.