[Zope3-Users] Re: Applying permissions to users from LDAP

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 08:03:29 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2007 04:51, David Johnson wrote:
> > I'm trying to understand this situation also since we face it
> > frequently. The PAU has a Group Folder which works well in this
> > regard. Would the idea of extending Groups in the PAU to include any
> > person in the ldap directory be useful? It seems this would be
> > easier and more flexible.
>
> That's what I would do. I think LDAP permissions/roles/groups map best to our
> concept of groups. To implement a group folder that gets its groups from LDAP
> should not be that hard, given the existing ldappas implementation.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
> --
> Stephan Richter
> CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
> Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training

Hi All,

Thanks to all your excellent advice, I have gone ahead and extended
the existing Group folder to automatically import and periodically
synchronize it's groups with an LDAP directory. The functionality is
currently a bit crude, but it gets the job done. I'm talking to my
employer about open sourcing it, would anyone here be interested in
it?

Alec