[Zope3-Users] Re: Early Zope versus Plone versus Zope3???

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Feb 20 09:06:14 EST 2007

Fast Primes wrote:
> For the newbie, is there a conceptual overview of early Zope and it's
> subsequent developement into Plone and Zope3?
>
> I understand that Zope3 is a complete rewrite from a clean sheet of
> Zope, right? If so, what flaws or impediments in regular Zope (pre 3),
> made this necessary--or external changes in web standards?
>
> What is the relation of Plone to early Zope and Zope3?

Plone is a separate product with largely a separate community.

Most of your questions (except the ones regarding Plone) should be
answered in my book, http://worldcookery.com. Chapter 1 contains a short
overview over Zope's history. The chapter is available for free from
Springer website:

http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9783540338079-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-328792-p173705712

Next Zope 3 training at Camp5: http://trizpug.org/boot-camp/camp5