[Zope3-Users] How to get PAU working?

FB fbo2 at gmx.net
Tue Jan 9 04:56:38 EST 2007

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 02:38:30AM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 01:45, FB wrote:
> > Once the PAU is registered, the default IAuthentication utility which
> > provides all the zcml-predefined principals becomes invisible (speak:
> > "useless"). This means, you don't have a manager any more and you're unable
> > to unregister the PAU again.
>
> Huh? I have never experienced this. We are using local authentication
> utilities, but I always test with the globally defined manager (if I am not
> interested in checking security).

Hmm ... I've had this problem multiple times. Whenever the Pau was
registered and wasn't able to authenticate a manager, I had to use 'zopectl
debug' and unregister the pau manually to get manager access again.

This seemed to be ok, because a registered local pau overrides the global
IAuthentication utility.

Regards,

Frank