[Zope3-Users] Name chooser and Renaming

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Wed Jan 10 12:16:54 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 06:24:17PM +0100, David Johnson wrote:
> Is it possible to have both a NameChooser and an ObjectRenamer. If
> so...how?  It seems that zope.app.container.browser contents.py has
> the following code:
>
>         self.supportsRename = (
>             self.supportsCut and
>             not IContainerNamesContainer.providedBy(self.context)
>             )
>
> So if you have a name chooser then you cannot rename.

All containers use name choosers.

Some containers use a name chooser to select a default name, but let the
user override it.  Other containers always use a name chooser and never
let you specify your own name.  IContainerNamesContainer indicates that
you have a container of the second kind.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Marius Gedminas
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right!