[Zope3-Users] Content cloning ?

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Tue Jan 16 08:38:55 EST 2007

Le mardi 16 janvier 2007 à 07:27 -0500, Gary Poster a écrit :
> On Jan 16, 2007, at 6:24 AM, Thierry Florac wrote:
> > The last problem I still have is that some of the informations stored
> > into object's annotations have to be indexed into a set of catalogs.
> > While these informations are indexed correctly when annotations are
> > created "by hand" in the "normal" way, it's not the case when
> > content is
> > duplicated "in a whole". Any idea ? Should I iterate over object
> > annotations and check for ones that should contain indexable content ?
>
> This isn't very clear to me, but if you fire the appropriate event
> and you are using the default IKeyReference implementation then the
> new copies should be indexed as different objects than the original,
> as usual.

Absolutely !
My difficulty is due to the fact that this duplication is done in a
workflow context, which isn't aware of the different interfaces
supported by the duplicated objects ; sometimes, it's a whole container
which can be duplicated in a single operation, and so it's whole content
have to be duplicated and indexed correctly...
But workflow classes can't notify events for classes it's not directly
aware of. Right ?

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85