[Zope3-Users] Good event policy for operating on object hierarchies?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 13:02:57 EST 2007

Hi List,

I have an object hierarchy that I import from certain ODT files, and I
would like to determine the best way to handle events for importing
this hierarchy. Does it make sense to fire one create event for the
entire operation, for attaching the hierarchy to the existing object
structure, or should I attach the root of the new hierarchy first,
fire an event for that, and then repeat the process on it's
descendants?

I don't make particular use of events currently, but if there's any
best practices for this type of procedure, I would rather follow
those.

Thanks,

Alec Munro