[Zope3-Users] Re: Checkout

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Jan 20 04:59:38 EST 2007

David Johnson wrote:
> The best process I've come up with so far is the following:
> 1. Create a Container that can contain only IStep (which I call IWizard)
> 2. Create components that are derived from or provide IStep
> 3. Add the components and sort them according to the order they should
> be displayed.
> 4. Create a view on the container that guides the user through the steps.

You don't need to create objects just for the sake of displaying a form.
Its also expensive to do this every time somebody puts something in the
shopping cart or goes to checkout.

I'd keep the data in sessions; zope.formlib is flexible enough to be
customized where its initial data comes from (sessions) and where to put
it after form submittal (sessions, SAP, etc.).

See my other reply.

2nd edition of Web Component Development with Zope 3 is now shipping!