[Zope3-Users] Pluggable authentication, a newbie's question

David Johnson djohnson at jsatech.com
Mon Jan 29 10:29:43 EST 2007

> What do you mean by "Your authenticator is registered as a Plugin
> in a PAU in your current site"? I registered the authenticator as a
> utility and assigned the utility name to the authenticatorPlugins
> attribute of the PAU. Is it enough?
I'm not sure I follow you here.  Normally when you create a custom
authenticator you first go into Manage Site add a Pluggable Auth
Utility (PAU).  Then from within the PAU there are plugins.  You can
add your custom plugin here.  Then you select a credentials plugin
and your authenticator plugin.     I'm not an expert by any means on
PAU, but it seems this is the preferred approach.

The authenticators I've written implemented the following:
     implements
(AuthenticatorPlugin,IQueriableAuthenticator,IQuerySchemaSearch)