AW: [Zope3-Users] Skin based on IPageletBrowserLayer

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Thu Jul 5 05:22:59 EDT 2007

Hi Hermann

> Betreff: [Zope3-Users] Skin based on IPageletBrowserLayer
>
> Hi,
> In my views, based on pagelets/z3c.form, it is recommended to
> use a Layer/Skin based on IPageletBrowserLayer instead of
> IDefaultBrowserLayer.
>
> My problem is that when requests are marked with
> IPageletBrowserLayer, there are no error messages, no 404's,
> nothing. In case of a zope error, the browser displays
> "Traversal error - A server error occurred" but in the
> transcript.log, no error is printed.
>
> If I point my browser to an unknown page, an empty paget is
> returned, again without an error.
>
> What can I do about this?

Go to the page which shows the wrong/bad page and use the
following addition in the url:

http://localhost:8080/++skin++yourskin/++debug++source/mypage.html

++debug++source forces to include additional information
about the locations of each html fragment.

Go to the html source of your page and see where the pagelet come form.
Based on this info, check the registration of your paglet. Probably
there is a pagelet registered for everything which overrides the
error view.

Regards
Roger Ineichen
END OF MESSAGE