[Zope3-Users] Thinking about blog entry structure

Matt Bowen mrbowen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:18:49 EDT 2007

Hi Florian,

I know that the larger sites (e.g., blogger) use
root/YYYY/MM/title-separated-by-dashes

If you expect to support really, really active sites you may want to add
Days in there so that it's slightly easier to find an entry. You may also
want to support supplemental URLs, such as root/category/NAME so that people
can find all of the posts in a given tag easily. I know that lifehacker does
something similar.

Just as a side note, you should use dashes instead of underscores to
separate words in the titles; Google interprets the dash as a space and the
underscore as a hyphen (backwards, I know)  -- see
http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/archive/entry/filename-with-underscore-or-dash.html

Good luck!
Matt