[Zope3-Users] Re: [buildout] console_scripts not created

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jul 15 16:20:31 EDT 2007

Andreas Jung wrote:
> I am playing around with buildout using the following
> configuration file:
>
> [buildout]
> parts = test
> develop = .
>
> [test]
> recipe = zc.recipe.testrunner
> eggs = zopyx.convert
>       zopyx.slimp
>
> Both eggs define console_scripts (which actually work
> when easy_install-ing the eggs). However running buildout
> won't create any script (although it should according
> to the Jim's buildout tutorial)..anything I am missing?

First, this is really the wrong list. zc.buildout doesn't have anything
to do with Zope. Questions about zc.buildout should go to the distutils
mailinglist, I believe.

Anyway, you're missing installing the eggs using the zc.recipe.egg
recipe, e.g.::

[scripts]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
eggs = ${test:eggs}

And then add 'scripts' to the parts list.