Vedr. [Zope3-Users] Zope 3 API documentation needs a new strategy

Luciano Ramalho ramalho at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:07:14 EDT 2007

On 7/18/07, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
> Does http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/Documentation help?

Not really. Before yesterday, there was no explanation about how to
access apidoc (I put that in the linked page APIDocTool yesterday).

The apidoc tool itself is limited. For debugging purposes, it might be
useful that the search is limited to registered interfaces. But while
reading about Zope 3 I wanted to check on IComponentArchitecture but
the search could not find it. I had to use grep to find it and learn
the path that I could use to browse to it in the apidoc:

http://localhost:8099/++apidoc++/Interface/zope.component.interfaces.IComponentArchitecture/index.html

And finally, the wiki Documentation page does not mention the abundant
README.txt files scattered all over the source tree where the real
documentation exists.

Cheers,

Luciano

PS. BTW, I'd like to mention that besides the people who replied in
the list, I got pvt replies of people saying that they feel the same
way as I do about the current docs.