[Zope3-Users] Using global utilities when creating an global utility

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jun 19 17:24:58 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 09:53, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Is there a way to overcome this? (or to put it differently, why is
> "my" utility created when the action object is created and not just
> before the actual registration?)

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this the way you want. It is simply not
implemented the way you expect. Having said that, I consider the urrent
behavior a bug or a mis-feature at best. I do not see how delaying the
instatiation would break any existing code, so changing the code would be a
viable solution.

Regards,
Stephan
--