[Zope3-Users] Problems with internationalization

Jeremy Cook jeremy.cook at bccs.uib.no
Fri Jun 29 08:11:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been trying to internationalize my application and add a Norwegian
translation but am stuck. By default I am getting only English for things
like date in news items and so on.

Using chapter 9 of the Philipp von Weitershausen book, I have tried various
things.

Using ++lang++test, ++lang++de, ++lang++no (or ++anything-else) always
results in "a system error occurred", with an error message "Can only shift
leading traversal names to application names". I do not understand this
error message or what it is trying to tell me.

Also, trying to start to create the NO translation by running i18nextract
also results in a serious error which seems non trivial to work around.

Can anyone shed any light on either of these two problems? I seem to be
missing something fundamental here?

Jeremy

C:\NLRK-Zope>.\bin\i18nextract -p lib\python\wcsite -d wcsite -o locale
base path: 'C:\\NLRK-Zope\\'
search path: C:\NLRK-Zope\lib\python\wcsite
exclude dirs: []
domain: 'wcsite'
output file: 'C:\\NLRK-Zope\\lib\\python\\wcsite\\locale\\wcsite.pot'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\app\locales\extract.py", line
399, in
 tal_strings
    p.parseFile(filename)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 122,
in p
arseFile
    self.parseString(data)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 128,
in p
arseString
    self.feed(data)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 108, in feed
    self.goahead(0)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 148, in goahead
    k = self.parse_starttag(i)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\HTMLParser.py", line 268, in parse_starttag
    self.handle_starttag(tag, attrs)
  File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\zope\tal\htmltalparser.py", line 150,
in h
andle_starttag
    self.getpos())
TALError: empty HTML tags cannot use tal:content: 'link', at line 12, column
3,
in file C:\NLRK-Zope\lib\python\wcsite\rss.pt

--
Jeremy.Cook at bccs.uib.no                        tlf: +47 55 58 40 65
Parallab                  Bergen Centre for Computational Science