[Zope3-Users] Guidance on accessing MySQL db.

Rich C madcubano1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 08:11:32 EDT 2007

Thanks for the suggestions.

To summarize what you guys have suggested and what
I've recently read regarding SQL Alchemy. SQL Alchemy,
which is an Object Relational Mapper, basically maps
Python objects to/from an underlying database.

This sounds very interesting and seems like it will
allow to me to interface with the database directly
from Python, even possibly abstracting away some of
the SQL.

For reference of others trying to do the same, here is
where I found info on SQL Alchemy:
http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/tutorial.html

So, to use this within Zope 3, I will need to install:
http://svn.zope.org/z3c.sqlalchemy/trunk/

Many Thanks,
Rich