AW: [Zope3-Users] Re: header trouble

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Wed Oct 10 10:46:45 EDT 2007

Hi Christian

> An: zope3-users at zope.org
> Betreff: [Zope3-Users] Re: header trouble

[...]

> > I have written the line '<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
> > content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>' in the header of my main
> > skin-file but it does'nt show up in the browser. The lines
> above and
> > below this one are displayed.
> >
> > I can't find out what's wrong with my headers. Any suggestions?
>
> Zope reads the meta-header when it reads your file to
> determine the file encoding. It then converts it to unicode
> and sends a real Content-Type header. This way it would be
> possible to have mixed encodings on the disk which is of
> course not possible in one page.

I recognized this a long time ago but didn't take a closer
look at that.

The spec seems to say that we should provide a Content-Type
in the header.

See:

7.2.1 Type
Any HTTP/1.1 message containing an entity-body SHOULD include
a Content-Type header field defining the media type of that body.

Do you have more information about that? Is it Ok to skip
the Content-Type from the header?

Regards
Roger Ineichen