AW: [Zope3-Users] Re: header trouble

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Wed Oct 10 11:49:48 EDT 2007

Christian Zagrodnick wrote:

[...]
> But we *are* sending a Content-Type header. And we remove the
> http-equiv thingy from the page template file in favour of the HTTP
> header.

It's a good idea to keep the http-equiv content-type meta tag.  If an
HTML document is stored to disk, and that tag is not present, parsers
and browsers cannot be sure what the character encoding is.

The HTTP header should have precedence when the document is delivered
over the web, but on disk, you do not have that header.

More at:

http://www.trilithium.com/johan/2005/09/meta-http-equiv/

-Jim Washington