[Zope3-Users] Adapting or monkey patching?

Fernando Correa Neto fcdoth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 23:23:50 EDT 2007

Hello everyone.

Since there's no default adapter for OFS.interfaces.IItem, I was
wondering the best approach to patch/adapt OFS.SimpleItem.Item
raise_standardErrorMessage method so it sends an event upon errors.
Currently I have a adapter that subclasses OFS.SimpleItem.Item and
re-implements the raise_standardErrorMessage method with my line of
code that sends the event.
I also have an event subscriber for that event BUT it does not work of
course, because there's no adapter been called.

Any clues or experiences to share?

Regards,
Fernando