[Zope3-Users] Re: z3c.form install problem?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Sep 16 07:22:47 EDT 2007

xor exor wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm just trying to install z3c.from to try it. From its directory i
> excuted the command : "sudo python setup.py install"
> to install it  and  it installed lots of eggs files (most of them zope
> 3.4).

If you install it that way, you will invariably get all its egg
dependencies, which means Zope 3.4.x as you observed correctly. Either
way, doing a global install is probably the worst thign you can do (see
below).

Either you

a) stay on Zope 3.3 and *don't* install z3c.form via setuptools. Simply
copy the package to $INSTANCE/lib/python. That requires, of course, that
z3c.form actually works on Zope 3.3.

b) move to eggified Zope 3.4. The easiest way to do this is to use
zopeproject: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zopeproject

Install zopeproject as mentioned on the page. Then invoke the
'zopeproject' script to create a sandbox, which is like an instance.
Finally, proceed with the instructions in the "Adding dependencies to
the application" section.